What is GreenLight?
GreenLight Laser Therapy Creating A New Standard of Care
The GreenLight™ Laser Therapy is a treatment that combines the effectiveness of the traditional surgical procedure known as “Trans Urethral Resection of the Prostate” (TURP) with fewer side effects. 1
Freedom from BPH
GreenLight is suitable for most patients with an enlarged prostate. With over 375,000 patients treated, the GreenLight procedure is creating a new standard of care — a standard that offers freedom from enlarged prostate symptoms.
Most patients return home a few short hours after the procedure and can return to normal, non-strenuous activities within days. 3, 4, 11 The GreenLight laser system delivers the ultimate benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) solution — free from urinary symptoms, free from compromise, free to go!
The GreenLight™ Solution:
- Rapid urine flow improvement 5
- Quick return to normal activities 3
- Virtually bloodless procedure 4, 10
- Less than 1% reported cases of erectile dysfunction 8
- Short to sometimes no catheterization (less than 24 hours in most cases) 4, 10
- Outpatient procedure in otherwise healthy patients 3
- Long lasting symptom relief 4
- Over 375,000 procedures worldwide
As with any medical procedure individual results will vary. The statements on this website are based on typical clinical study outcomes. Please consult your urologist for more detailed information and risks.
- Bouchier-Hayes DM, Anderson P, Van Appledorn S, Bugeja P, Costello AJ. KTP laser versus transurethral resection: early results of a randomized trial. J Endourol. 2006 Aug;20(8):580-5.
- Malek RS, Kuntzman RS, Barrett DM. High power potassium-titanyl-phosphate laser vaporization prostatectomy. J Urol. 2000 Jun;163(6):1730-3.
- Malek RS, Kuntzman RS, Barrett DM.Photoselective potassium-titanyl-phosphate laser vaporization of the benign obstructive prostate: observations on long-term outcomes. J Urol. 2005 Oct;174(4 Pt 1):1344-8.
- Malek RS, Barrett DM, Kuntzman RS. High-power potassium-titanyl-phosphate (KTP/532) laser vaporization prostatectomy: 24 hours later. Urology. 1998 Feb;51(2):254-6.
- Yakupoglu YK, Donmezer S, Mestci B, Saglam R, Simsek US. Successful treatment of BPH over 100 ml with KTP laser. J Urol 2006 May;175(4 suppl.):463 abstract 1522.
- Sarica K, Alkan E, Luleci H, Tasci AI. Photoselective vaporization of the enlarged prostate with KTP laser: long-term results in 240 patients. J Endourol. 2005 Dec;19(10):1199-202.
- Mueller EJ. A series of 60 Greenlight photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP) patients with results equal to standard TURP with much decreased morbidity and much quicker return to full normal unrestricted activity. 52nd Annual James C Kimbrough Urological Seminar. Jan-16-Jan 21, 2005 Honolulu, Hawaii abstract 41